Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Booker Scott Kalani Pettersen

Do you know that name? No? Well, I've known that name for about 7 months now. Drew chose it before we even know "he" was a he.

Booker was found in the game Bioshock: Infinite, which Drew had been playing during the beginning of my pregnancy. No, we are not naming our child after Booker DeWitt, we just really liked the name itself.

Scott is Drew's father's name, who apparently doesn't like his middle name, Markam, which I would have loved to have used.

Kalani is one of my favorite names ever. First off, it represents the man that will be Booker's favorite uncle, Danny. Secondly it's a very well loved and used Hawaiian name on my Kruse side of the family. I asked permission from Danny first, of course. He will use the name with his first son, too, but he will use Naumahakalaniopu'u, which is the full version.

Booker is due October 30th, which is only 5 short weeks away. We are almost all ready for him. I'm just missing a few key items, like a diaper bag, bottles, and a few more bibs. He is going to be an amazingly dressed little man, I know that much for sure! He has been showered will all sorts of different sizes and types of clothing and I have never been so excited to do laundry. I love tiny laundry. :-)

 February 19th, 2013. The day before our 3rd wedding anniversary
 8 weeks, first time seeing him
 12 weeks
 16 weeks, amniocentesis appointment, it's a boy.
 20 weeks.
 Maternity photos with Amanda Lockleer


 Our family of 3, almost 4
Drew's very first shoes
 His amazing Star Wars nursery
 Slowly organized closet
8 months

I can't believe I'm almost there. I have been wanting a child of my own since I was 11 years old, when I first started babysitting. Now I have one on the way that is half me and half the most amazing man I have ever known. Drew has been a great care-giver to many babies over the years in service at EastLake Church. They used to call him the baby-whisperer. My heart begins to swell just at the thought of seeing him hold his son for the first time. It's hard to explain, really. It's this whole new world I have never experienced and now it's coming to a head.

I'm ready for him to get here. I want to hold my son. I want to show him just how loved and cherished he is. He is my baby.

MY BABY.

No comments:

Post a Comment